New York State Regional Adult Education Network (RAEN) System for the Finger Lakes Region: RFP #20-020
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services-Adult Education Program and Policy (ACCES-AEPP) is seeking proposals from organizations to plan and deliver quality, research-based professional development and training, and effective communication links to State and federally-funded agencies providing adult literacy services below the post-secondary level. The goal of the RAEN system is to provide staff development resources to improve the skills of adult education practitioners to improve the quality of the adult education and family literacy programs funded by ACCES-AEPP. The RAEN will provide technical assistance in coordination with ACCES-AEPP to assist adult education programs in meeting statewide benchmarks on the National Reporting System's (NRS) core indicators and any other monitoring tools developed by NYSED.
- Local education agencies;
- Boards of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES);
- Institutions of higher education, including SUNY or CUNY Research Foundation;
- Public and private not-for profit agencies;
- Community based organizations and institutions;
- Faith-based organizations;
- Public libraries or library system;
- Public housing authorities;
- Educational Opportunity Centers;
- A consortium of such organizations described above
Subcontracting will be limited to thirty percent (30%) of the total contract budget. Subcontracting is defined as non-employee direct personal services and related incidental expenses, including travel.
Bidders are required to comply with NYSED’s Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (M/WBE) participation goals for this RFP through one of three methods. Compliance methods are discussed in detail in the Minority/Women-Owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE) Participation Goals section below.
NYSED will award one contract pursuant to this RFP. The contracts resulting from this RFP will be for a term anticipated to begin February 1, 2020 and to end September 30, 2024.
Service Area: One (1) Regional Adult Education Network (RAEN) will be funded to serve the adult education and family literacy programs within the Finger Lake geographic regions of New York State designated in Attachment 1. Attachment 6 provides the funding for the region and how the funding was determined.
Questions and Answers:
Questions regarding the request must be submitted by E-mail to RAENRFP@nysed.gov no later than the close of business 11/01/19. Questions regarding this request should be identified as Program, Fiscal or M/WBE. A Questions and Answers Summary will be posted to ACCES procurement webpage no later than 11/06/19.
Submission Due Dates:
Copies of the following documents must be submitted in separately sealed envelopes, as detailed in the Submission section of the RFP, and be received at NYSED no later than November 20, 2019 by 3:00 PM:
- Submission Documents labeled Submission Documents - RFP #20-020 Do Not Open—Two (2) copies (one bearing an original signature)
- Technical Proposal labeled Technical Proposal - RFP #20-020Do Not Open-Five (5) copies (one bearing an original signature)
- Cost Proposal labeled Cost Proposal – RFP #20-020 Do Not Open -Two (2) copies (one bearing an original signature)
- M/WBE Documents labeled M/WBE Documents—RFP #20-020 Do Not Open- One (1) copy (bearing an original signature)
- CD or USB containing the technical, cost, submission and M/WBE proposals submitted using Microsoft Word