Advisory Council Meeting Agenda for June 19, 2008
To:Member of the Proprietary School Advisory Council, Owners,
School Directors and Other Interested Parties
From: Michael J. Hatten, Chairperson
Subject: Meeting of the Proprietary School Advisory Council
The Advisory Council has scheduled its next meeting on Thursday, June 19, 2008. The meeting will take place at New Horizons Computer Learning Center, 43 West 42nd Street, New York City, New York. If you need further information, please call the Bureau at (518) 474-3969. If you need help with directions or questions about New Horizons Computer Learning Center, please call Anne Gambina, at (646) 695-5700.
The Public portion of the meeting will begin at 10:30 a.m. and conclude approximately 1:00 p.m. The agenda for the Advisory Council meeting is as follows:
- Overview of the meeting agenda and protocol.
- Approval of minutes from the April 2, 2008, meeting.
- Review open items from past meeting.
- BPSS General up-date and status report.
- The closure of Caliber Training Institute.
- K-16 Action Plan.
- Council appointments.
- Secondary school initiative.
- National accreditation as a SED requirement (with certain waivers)
- Comments and questions from the Council.
- Comments and questions from the audience.
- Set date for the next meeting.
We look forward to your participation and input at this important Council meeting.