Cutting Edge News
- 05/13/13 BPSS Tuition Assessment May 2013 Billing: Due to unavoidable circumstances within the State Education Department, the Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision (BPSS) is alerting all licensed private career schools that the May 1, 2013 tuition assessment billing has been delayed. We anticipate that the invoices will be mailed shortly. Please note that while the scheduled due date for payment should have been June 1, licensed private career schools will be provided some flexibility in the payment schedule in light of the delayed billing. Thank you.
- 05/10/13 Inappropriate Letters Referencing BPSS Staff Members and BPSS License Holders
- 03/27/13 The BPSS New York City office will be closed on Friday, March 29, 2013 due to temporary relocation to the 6th floor. (NOTE: CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)
- 03/22/13 New procedure for potential participants of the Director's Course being offered in Spring and Summer of 2013 that supersedes instructions given in our letter dated September 12, 2012.
- 03/11/13 Advisory Council Meeting agenda for Wednesday, April 10, 2013 (36KB)
- 02/14/13 Occupational Education Data Survey (OEDS) Filing Requirement
- 01/24/13 IMPORTANT NEW PROCEDURE: Effective Monday, January 28, 2013, all visitors to the Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision's NYC Office will be required to sign in with the receptionist on the 6th floor of the ACCES-Vocational Rehabilitation Office. A photo ID will be required. Upon verification, visitors will receive a temporary ID badge and then proceed to the 5th floor.
- 12/04/12 Advisory Council Meeting agenda for Wednesday, December 12, 2012 (38KB)
- 11/15/12 New Regulations Information for Owners & Directors of Non-Degree Granting Schools
- 10/29/12 Draft Regulations Proposed to Implement New Statute
- 09/19/12 Appearance Enhancement Licensure Pass Rates for 2011-12 now available
- 09/14/12 Amendments to Education Law Sections 5001-5010 which take effect December 15, 2012.
- 09/12/12 The 2013 Spring Directors Course is scheduled for May 22nd, 23rd, and 24th of 2013 at the Education Building in Albany, New York.
- 09/12/12 Fall 2012 Directors' Course Advisory (43KB)
- 09/07/12 Career School Instructor Requirements draft (48KB)
- 09/04/12 Advisory Council Meeting agenda for Thursday, September 13, 2012 that will include a presentation regarding the New York State Deferred Action program as per recent change in federal immigration rules. (100KB)
- 09/04/12 New York State Deferred Action Program as per recent change in federal immigration rules. (60KB)
For older Cutting Edge News, visit our ARCHIVE OF CUTTING EDGE NEWS.