Nurse Aide Affiliation Agreement Requirements
(BPSS-39, updated 05/2018)
An affiliation agreement must be submitted and approved for each nurse aide curriculum. The following information/conditions must be identified in the agreement:
- Specific name and location of the proprietary school.
- Specific name and location of the Residential Healthcare Facility (RHCF) AND a photocopy of its operating certificate.
- Exact dates/or length, of the affiliation experience.
- Number of students to be supervised during one affiliation period.
- Process for verification for attendance at the affiliation site.
- Assurance that students will not displace or replace regular employees.
- The school agrees to maintain sufficient affiliation sites to accommodate all qualified students.
- The school is responsible for insuring that the student has had a physical exam within 6 months before starting the internship, and all recommended inoculations.
- Provision for insuring the student against injuries resulting from the internship.
- Provision that students and instructors will be covered by liability insurance against liability for injuries/damage towards third parties (such as patients) arising from the internship. The insurance carrier, cost and exact insurance coverage must be identified.
- The school is responsible for providing all theory/practice instruction.
- The school will use the Dept. of Health SKILLS checklist at the internship site.
- Students will be supervised at ALL times during affiliation.
- Provision for school visitation and/or oversight of the internship site.
- Provision for ensuring proper student conduct at the internship site.
- Provision for Specific conditions and procedures for terminating a student.
- Provision for either party to terminate the affiliation agreement.
- A newly signed agreement must be sent with the curriculum reapproval.