School License Renewal Fact Sheet
Renewal of a school license is required every four (4) years, with the exception of the initial renewal, which is conducted two (2) years after the school’s initial approval.
In order for a renewal to be reviewed, the school must submit the following items at least 120 days prior to the school’s expiration date:
- Renewal Application for a License or Registration (BPSS-2)
- Appropriate fee, based upon the gross tuition income from the school’s most recent fiscal year
- Appropriate financial statement from the school’s most recent fiscal year, based upon the requirements of Section 126.8 of the Commissioner’s Regulations.
In addition to the items listed above, the director should submit the Checklist for School Renewal sheet and ensure the following are approved and current:
- Personnel licenses;
- Curriculum approvals;
- Tuition assessment payments;
- School location – If the school is in the process of moving, refer to the School Move Fact Sheet for information on receiving the proper approval;
- School name – If the school is considering using a name other than the one previously approved, refer to the School Name Change Fact Sheet for information on receiving the proper approval;
- School ownership – If the school owner is considering a change in 25% or more of the ownership, please contact BPSS at (518) 474-3969 for further instructions.
Questions regarding the requirements for a school license renewal should be directed to the BPSS Office at (518) 474-3969 or by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.