If you are 16 years
of age on the day of testing, you must:
- Complete Attachment A (Application for GED® Testing)
Attachment A (234KB) | Instructions
- Provide verification of identity, residence, and age
passport, military, or other forms of government (national or foreign)
identification which show name, address, date of birth, signature and
photograph are all acceptable.
- And you have reached maximum compulsory
school attendance age. A student reaches maximum compulsory school
attendance age when the school year in which he or she turned
16 (or such older maximum age as the board of education of the
school district may designate for required school attendance
pursuant to section 3205(3) of the Education Law) has ended (June
- Be enrolled in an Alternative High School Equivalency Preparation (AHSEP)
program on day of testing. Verification Form Attachment
- must be completed by an official from an approved AHSEP program.
- Demonstrate/document eligibility to take the GED® Tests by providing
the appropriate documentation to meet one (1) of the following criteria:
- You have applied to the U.S. Armed Forces, a college, university
or an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Verification Form Attachment D
must be completed by a recruiting officer or college/university/post secondary
institution admissions official.
April 24, 2012