and Eligibility Requirements
The New York State Education Department requires all examinees to meet
eligibility for HSE/TASC™ Testing in the following areas:
- Age Eligibility Requirements
- If you are 16 years of age on day of testing
- If you are 17 or 18 years of age on day
- If you are 19 years or older on day of
All 16, 17 or 18 year olds must establish age eligibility each time
they wish to test
- NYS Residency Requirements
The HSE/TASC™ Tests can be administered
to any person who has lived in New York State for at least thirty (30)
days prior to the test date AND
- Has not graduated from an accredited high school in the United
States or its territories; AND
- Has not received a high school equivalency certificate or diploma
in the United States or its territories; AND
- Is not currently enrolled in a regular high school program of instruction
leading to a high school diploma; AND
- Has not previously earned scores on the HSE Tests sufficient to qualify
for a high school equivalency diploma/certificate.
- Test Form Eligibility Requirements
Each year, CTB/McGraw Hill offers the English and Spanish TASC™ in (3) test forms. Examinees cannot retest on test forms which they
have taken in that calendar year.
All examinees who do not meet the requirements for the high
school equivalency diploma must include a copy of their failure
notice when applying to retest.
- Test Date Eligibility Requirements
HSE examinees must wait a minimum of sixty (60) days between
test sessions when retesting, and examinees may not test more than
three (3) times in a calendar year.
February 11, 2014