Duplicate Diplomas and/or Transcripts
(Turnaround time is ~ 2 - 3 weeks from receipt of request.)
To obtain a copy of your high school transcript, contact the school district where you graduated.
To obtain a copy of your New York State High School Equivalency diploma or transcript, you must:
- Complete Attachment H (Request for Duplicate Copy of NYS
High School Equivalency Diploma and/or Transcript of HSE/TASC™ Test
Attachment H (36kb)
- Enclose a certified check or money order payable to the New York State
- $4.00 for a copy of a passing transcript
- $4.00 for a copy of a failing transcript
- $10.00 for copy of diploma and transcript
Please do not send cash or personal checks. All fees are non-refundable.
2. Send completed Attachment H and payment to:
THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
P.O. Box 7348
Albany, New York 12224-0348
If Attachment H is incomplete (e.g. no candidate signature, etc.) or there is no payment, all paperwork will be returned to the candidate for revision and resubmission.
For some candidates, it may be possible to obtain unofficial results on the GED® Status Report on this website.
Important Note: We do not issue replacement passing transcripts or diplomas in any name other than the name in which the original passing transcript or diploma was issued.
Candidates may also visit the HSE Walk-Up Window at NYSED in Albany on Monday, Wednesday or Friday (except holidays) from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., for duplicate diplomas and/or transcripts.