Duplicate Diplomas and/or Transcripts
To obtain a copy of a diploma or transcript, you must:
- Complete Attachment H (Request for Duplicate Copy of NYS
High School Equivalency Diploma and/or Transcript of GED® Test
Attachment H (36kb)
- Enclose a certified check or money order payable to the New York State
- $4.00 for a copy of a passing transcript
- $4.00 for a copy of a failing transcript
- $10.00 for copy of diploma and transcript
Please do not send cash or personal checks. All fees are non-refundable.
2. Send completed Attachment H and payment to:
THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
GED® Testing Office
P.O. Box 7348
Albany, New York 12224-0348
The GED® Testing Office does not process requests for express mail service under any circumstances. Processing time is 3-4 weeks.
If Attachment H is incomplete (e.g. no candidate signature, etc.) or there is no payment, all paperwork will be returned to the candidate for revision and resubmission.
Important Note: A duplicate diploma will not be issued until two (2) months after the issue date of the original diploma. We do not, for any reason, issue replacement passing transcripts or diplomas in any name other than the name in which the original passing transcript or diploma was issued.
Candidates may also wish to visit the GED® Walk-Up Window in Albany, in which available duplicate diplomas and / or transcripts may be issued on site.