Duplicate Diplomas and/or Transcripts
(Turnaround time is ~ 6 - 8 weeks from receipt of request)
NOTE: The New York State Education Department DOES NOT have records of high school transcripts. To obtain a copy of your HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT, contact the school district where you graduated.
To obtain a copy of your NEW YORK STATE HIGH SCHOOL EQUIVALENCY DIPLOMA or TRANSCRIPT, you must:
- Complete the H Application (Request for Duplicate Copy of NYS High School Equivalency Diploma and/or Transcript of GED®/TASC™ Test Scores)
- Enclose a certified check or money order payable to the New York State Education Department:
- $4.00 for a copy of a passing transcript
- $4.00 for a copy of a failing transcript
- $10.00 for copy of diploma and transcript
Please do not send cash, personal checks or international money orders. All fees are non-refundable.
For international document requests, a pre-paid, self-addressed return envelope, that is at least 9 inches by 6 inches, must be included with this form.
2. Send the completed H Application and payment to:
THE NEW YORK STATE EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
89 Washington Ave, EBA 460
Albany, New York 12234
If the H Application is incomplete (e.g. no candidate signature, etc.) or there is no payment, all paperwork will be returned to the candidate for revision and resubmission.
For some candidates, it may be possible to obtain unofficial results on the HSE Status Report at this website.
Candidates may also visit the HSE Walk-Up Window at NYSED in Albany on Wednesday or Friday (except holidays) from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., for duplicate diplomas and/or transcripts.
More information on Apostille, please visit the Department of State website.