New York State High School Equivalency Testing Program
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) Office of Adult and Continuing Education Services (ACCES) is seeking proposals for the development of a paper-based and computer-based New York State High School Equivalency (NYS HSE) test that will be available for delivery in both English and Spanish, with the ability to also deliver tests fully remotely, either directly or through a subcontract, as circumstances may require.
Major provisions for this RFP include:
- Provision of a New York State High School Equivalency test;
- For paper-based tests (PBT), printing and secure shipping of tests to NYSED-approved test centers;
- For computer-based tests (CBT), provision of a system-agnostic test administration platform that can be used by computers to administer the test at New York State’s NYSED-approved local testing locations that meet technical specifications;
- Provision of testing materials and training for NYSED and test administration staff;
- Provision for a contractor-developed process to manage and render decisions on accommodations requests for candidates with disabilities;
- Provision of a system-agnostic test administration platform that enables fully remote access to testing, as circumstances require;
- Provision for a contractor-developed process to manage and render decisions on remote testing requests;
- Contractor scoring of candidate responses (including at least one essay question);
- Transfer of testing data and scores to NYSED in an agreed upon and acceptable format;
- A plan to perform analysis and research within core reporting services.
Eligible applicants are for-profit or not-for-profit entities, including large testing companies and/or educational organizations. Eligible applicants will have demonstrated capacity to complete all required services for large-scale assessments and demonstrated experience in educational measurement, scaling and equating, score collection, standard setting, data analysis, technical reporting, CBT administration and the ability to either administer tests fully remotely, or subcontract for such.
NYSED will award one contract pursuant to this RFP, with a term of five years and two months, anticipated to begin November 1, 2021, and end December 31, 2026.
Questions and Answers:
Questions regarding the request must be submitted by email to RFP21firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the close of business April 19, 2021. Questions regarding this request should be identified as Program, Fiscal, or M/WBE. A Questions and Answers Summary will be posted to ACCES procurement webpage no later than May 3, 2021.
Submission Due Dates:
Documents should be submitted by email as separate files, as detailed in the Submission section of the RFP, and must be received at NYSED no later than May 21, 2021 by 3:00 PM Eastern Time.