ACCES-VRs professional staff can provide businesses no cost technical assistance on disability issues.
Return Injured Employees to Work
- ACCES-VR can provide vocational assistance for eligible injured or disabled workers to return to their job or help prepare for different jobs.
- Financial assistance for re-training is available for employees who qualify.
- On the job reimbursement may be available to your firm.
- Our Business Services staff will help you develop effective work site accommodations.
- Thirty-one percent of reasonable accommodations cost business zero dollars, 19% cost between $1 and $50.
- Section 44 of the Internal Revenue Code offers the Disabled Access Tax Credit for small businesses (any business that in the preceding tax year has gross receipts of $1 million or less OR employed 30 or fewer full-time employees). This credit, of up to $5,000 per year, may be received for providing accommodations for employees for employees with disabilities, in compliance with the ADA.
- Job Accommodation Network
Barrier Free Work Sites
- We can provide you with technical assistance to increase the accessibility of your work place.
- Section 190 of the Internal Revenue Code allows all businesses a tax deduction of up to $15,000 per year for the removal of architectural and transportation barriers for the benefit of individuals with disabilities.
- We will provide individualized on-site training for management, line and support staff regarding disability related diversity issues.