Adult Vocational Rehabilitation Services Index
ACCES-VR starts with the presumption that all persons with disabilities can benefit from vocational rehabilitation services and should have opportunities to- work in jobs integrated within their communities. VR Counselors guide individuals through service programs they need to reach their employment goals.
At Our District Offices for Consumers:
- Start Here -> A Basic Guide (183KB, 2pg)
- Our handbook outlines eligibility requirements, next steps and services provided.
- ACCES-VR works with students, families and school districts to coordinate appropriate services for students with disabilities who are leaving secondary education and entering adult vocational rehabilitation and related services (Transition).
- Independent living services can help people with disabilities learn to have more control over their own lives and to live more independently in their communities.
are described in our rights and responsibilities brochure. (38KB, 6pg)
- The Client Assistance Program (CAP) (202KB, 2pg) is a statewide network of skilled advocates that assist New Yorkers with disabilities in getting the training, equipment and services needed for employment.
- The Mediation Center or ACCES-VR can give you information about how mediation works and how it may solve your problem.
- The Individualized Plan for Employment (IPE) is the plan needed to reach the agreed upon work goal. It is the road map to your vocational rehabilitation. These are provided in English and Spanish.
- Additional Adult Rehabilitation Services Information (including laws, policies, and provider information).
- Business Services - Each year ACCES-VR assists hundreds of businesses in hiring qualified, dependable employees (Employer Services).
- If you design, manufacture, or sell equipment that may be useful by people with disabilities, or if you teach disabled people how to use such equipment, please contact ACCES-VR.
- Core Rehabilitation Services
- Unified Contract Services
- Supported Employment
- Interpreter Services
Partners agencies contains additional resources and assistance.