Adult Vocational Rehabilitation Services
ACCES-VR starts with the presumption that all persons with disabilities can benefit from vocational rehabilitation services and should have opportunities to- work in jobs integrated within their communities. VR Counselors guide individuals through service programs they need to reach their employment goals.
At Our District Offices for Consumers:
- Start Here -> A Basic Guide
- ACCES-VR works with students, families and school districts to coordinate appropriate services for students with disabilities who are leaving secondary education and entering adult vocational rehabilitation and related services (Transition).
- Independent living services can help people with disabilities learn to have more control over their own lives and to live more independently in their communities.
- ACCES-VR Due Process Rights Brochure
provides information about your rights if you disagree with a decision made by ACCES-VR about your case.
- The Client Assistance Program (CAP) is a statewide network of skilled advocates that assist New Yorkers with disabilities in getting the training, equipment and services needed for employment.
- The Mediation Center or ACCES-VR can give you information about how mediation works and how it may solve your problem.
- The Individualized Plan for Employment (IPE) is the plan needed to reach the agreed upon work goal. It is the road map to your vocational rehabilitation. These are provided in English and Spanish.
- The Readers Aid Program provides funding each academic year to participating institutions of Higher Education to help to meet the costs of note-taker, reader and/or interpreter services. Funding requests are coordinated and paid through the institution of Higher Education. (Readers Aid Program funds cannot be used for tuition, maintenance fees, tutoring, guide services, or textbooks.)
- Business Services - Each year ACCES-VR assists hundreds of businesses in hiring qualified, dependable employees (Employer Services).
- Core Rehabilitation Services
- Interpreter Services
Laws, Regulations and Policy:
Commissioner of Education Regulations
- Part 246, Workshop Programs, New York State Commissioner of Education
- Part 247, Client Services, New York State Commissioner of Education
- Rehabilitation Act
- Federal Regulations:
VR Policies, including Memos and Technical Assistance Briefs
Partners agencies contains additional resources and assistance.