Invitation for Bid (IFB) #18-005a: Vehicle Modification Services
- IFB Application
- Questions and Answers
New York State Education Department (NYSED), Adult Career and Continuing Education Services- Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) seeks bids from vehicle modifiers from the states of New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Vermont, Connecticut and Pennsylvania that can provide vehicle modification services. The scope of each modification will be dependent on the need of the participant being served by ACCES-VR.
- All bidders are required to provide at least one low tech vehicle modification service, including but not limited to:
- raised tops and/or doors;
- mechanical hand controls and steering devices;
- six-way power transfer seats;
- car top carriers; and,
- Wheelchair lifters/loader
- All bidders are required to provide at least one high tech vehicle modification service, including but not limited to,
- remote steering packages;
- lowered floor conversions;
- foot steering;
- low-effort conversions;
- horizontal steering; and
- braking and throttle servo controls.
- All bidders must provide National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association or equipment manufacturer certifications for qualifying service that must be valid at the time of bid submission and maintained throughout the contract period
- All bidders are required to provide evidence of current liability insurance of the kind described in Section 1 of this IFB “Description of Services to be Performed”
Multiple contracts are expected to be awarded as a result of this IFB with contracts of five (5) year duration with an anticipated start date of May 1, 2019 and an end date of April 30, 2024.
Questions regarding this request must be sent no later than January 4, 2019 and should be identified as either Program or Fiscal. A Questions and Answers Summary will be posted to ACCES-VR Procurement Web Page on or about January 9, 2019, 2018.
Proposal Transmittal Instructions:
Bids must be received at NYSED no later than January 15, 2019 by 3:00 PM. See 2.) Submission section for bid submission requirements. Late bids will not be reviewed and will be disqualified.