Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
The Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services Unit provides a variety of information and resources for students and adults. Among the resources are:
- dissemination of information on deafness, hard of hearing and deafblind issues;
- dissemination of information on funding possibilities;
- implementation of initiatives to meet State and federal guidelines;
- responses to requests for information on reasonable accommodations;
- facilitation of services between parents, consumers and providers;
- collaboration to provide in-service training to professionals about deafness, deafblindness and hard of hearing issues.