Partners and Resources:
- New York Commission on Quality of Care and Advocacy for Persons with Disabilities
- New York State Human Rights Commission
- Northeast Americans with Disabilities Act Center
- New York Rehabilitation Association
- New York Association to Promote Supported Employment
- New York Association of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services
- New York Association on Independent Living
- South Advocacy Association of New York
- Prescreening for Temporary Assistance, Food Stamps, Health Insurance, Tax Credits and other programs to help make ends meet.
- New York State Benefits
- Chapter 515 Annual Report on Integrated Employment for Individuals with Disabilities (, 139KB, 26pp)
- State Rehabilitation Council
- New York State Independent Living Council
- Most Integrated Setting Coordinating Council
- Interagency Council on the Deaf, Deaf Blind and Hard of Hearing
- Developmental Disabilities Planning Council
- Council on Children and Families
- Colleges and Higher Education
- Financial Aid and Scholarship Opportunities For Students who are Deaf, Deafblind, or Hard of Hearing
- Scholarship Award (Marge Tierney)
- Task Force on Postsecondary Education and Disabilities
- LEARNet includes a problem-solving system designed to help you identify useful procedures for helping students with brain injury in school and at home.
- Talking Book and Braille Library provides recorded and Braille books to adults and children who, owing to a disability, can't read print, or hold a book, or turn its pages. People qualify for this free, public library service if they have a permanent or temporary visual, physical or learning disability. The Library offers 65,000 book titles and over 60 magazines.
- NYC Placement Consortium
- New York State Workforce Development System provides information about New York State's effort to implement an Integrated Workforce Development System. Such a system will provide access to Workforce Development information and services across agency lines; Use common definitions and goals and a common data base to share information; Ensure common skill outcomes and customer satisfaction outcomes; Evaluate needs and marshal all available Workforce Development resources in a community to meet needs; Use continuous customer feedback for continuous improvement; Hold all stakeholders accountable to common quality standards through a report card on performance; and Be universal, designed to serve all job seeking and employer customers.
Federal and State
- DisabilityInfo.gov is a comprehensive online resource designed to provide people with disabilities quick and easy access to the information they need. With just a few clicks, the site provides access to disability-related information and programs available across the government on numerous subjects, including benefits, civil rights, community life, education, employment, housing, health, technology and transportation.
- Veteran's Employment and Training Resources
Veterans Resource Directory
- US Department of Veterans Affairs