Vocational Rehabilitation Publications
Also available: Independent Living Publications
Adult Career and Continuing Education Services
Adult Vocational Rehabilitation Services
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act, Title II Self Evaluation
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 As Amended
- VR Technical Assistance Briefs for ACCES-VR staff that provide disability specific educational information on a particular topic.
- Expectations - Rights and Responsibilities also known as
What Can I Do If I Disagree with ACCES-VR's Decision About My Case?
- Hiring Good People is Good Business (501KB, 2pp)
- Disability Etiquette (173KB, 2pp)
- ACCES-VR: A Basic Guide (183KB, 2pp)
- Education Law Article 23-A Service Centers for Independent Living
- Regulations of the Commissioner of Education: Part 248 Service Centers for Independent Living
- Toolbox of Independent Living Publications
Individualized Plan for Employment
- Developing Your Individualized Plan for Employment (IPE)
- Spanish Version: Diseñando Su Plan Individualizado De Empleo (IPE)
- A Guide for Developing Your Individualized Plan for Employment (IPE)
- Spanish Version: Un Guía para Diseñar Su Plan Individualizado de Empleo IPE
Memoranda of Agreements / Understanding
- VR Memoranda of Agreements / Understanding with other governmental agencies in coordinating efforts to increase the employment rate of persons with disabilities.
- Amendment to the State Plan for Vocational Rehabilitation and Supported Employment Services
- ACCES-VR Strategic Plan - Goals, Key Performance Indicators and Targets - June 2004, Revised 10/21/04
- VR Policies and Procedures used by ACCES-VR staff that advance the mission and goals of ACCES-VR in the employment of persons with disabilities.
- Part 246 - "Workshop Programs", New York State Commissioner of Education
- Part 247 - "Client Services," New York State Commissioner of Education
- 34 CFR Part 361 - State Vocational Rehabilitation Services Program; Final Rule. Amends the regulations governing the State Vocational Rehabilitation Services Program (VR program) by revising the scope of employment outcomes under the VR program.
- 34 CFR Part 361 - State Vocational Rehabilitation Services Program; Final Rule. Amends the regulations governing the State Vocational Rehabilitation Services Program
- Designing the Future of Vocational Rehabilitation - addresses the challenges the New York State Education Department is facing in its 83rd year of Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) program operation and to provide a blueprint for future service delivery.
- Chapter 515 Annual Report on Integrated Employment for Individuals with Disibilities - details the accomplishments and progress achieved through interagency collaboration in the delivery of community based employment services and supports for people with the most significant disabilities
United States Access Board
An independent Federal agency devoted to accessibility for people with disabilities
- Guidelines and Standards
- The Rehabilitation Act Amendments of 1973, as amended
- The Rehabilitation Act Amendments (Section 508)