Reimbursement Guidelines for Supported Employment for the 10/1/09-9/30/10 Contract Period
VR-416 Reporting - Consumer Monthly Progress Report:
- VR-416 Consumer Monthly Progress Reports for Intensive Services must be completed for each consumer served and sent to the referring ACCES-VR District Office by the 22nd of every month after the month of service. The purpose of these reports is for ACCES-VR counselors to ensure that authorized services are provided and request a fee for service reimbursement. The approved reports also serve as support documentation that such service has been approved by the VR Counselor. Note: Please do not send copies of the VR-416 to ACCES-VR Central Office. The Contract and Grants Unit uses the data from these reports in processing payments after it is entered by the referring ACCES-VR District Office.
- ACCES-VR counselors approve and ACCES-VR Business Office staff
enters the VR-416 data by the 8th of the month following submission
by the vendor.
- VR-416 Supported Employment Consumer Monthly Progress Report: Word , 174KB, 5pg.)
- VR-416 Supported Employment Consumer Monthly Progress Report: PDF , 218KB, 5pg.)
Utilization Reports for Intensive Services:
- Data is submitted by contractors and entered by ACCES-VR in the month following the provision of services as follows:
- Vendors submit VR-416 by the 22nd;
- ACCES-VR District Offices enter the data by the 8th of the month following report submission; and,
- ACCES-VR Central Office generates the monthly Utilization Reports by approximately the 10th of the month following report submission.
- A detail Utilization Report is sent by email to all Supported Employment vendors by approximately the 10th of the second month after services are provided. It is important to review this for any discrepancies when it comes. If there are discrepancies, contact your District Office to resolve them. If you are not receiving these reports, please contact your Contract Specialist in the ACCES-VR Central Office Contract and Grants Unit as listed:
- Note: A reminder that Central Office staff does not process Payments for Intensive Service on a per consumer basis. It is the responsibility of the vendor to resolve questions regarding Intensive units for an individual with the referring District Office.
Monthly Payments – Intensive Services
Providers are no longer required to submit signed New York State vouchers for the Intensive portion of reimbursement. Payments for Intensive services will be based on the VR-416’s sent to the referring ACCES-VR office(s). Contractor and ACCES-VR local office procedures for this will not change. Note below the time tables for submitting and processing VR-416 reports:
- Vendors submit VR-416’s by the 22nd of each month following service delivery;
- District Offices enter data by the 8th of the month following the month of submission by vendors;
- Cumulative Utilization Detail Report will follow District Office submission of the data; and,
- Payments are due to be made by OSC by the 22nd following the month of submission by vendors.
An electronic file of contracted services, which have been reported and entered by the referring ACCES-VR office, will be electronically transferred to Fiscal Management. On a monthly cycle, these transactions will be accumulated and processed as payment requests to OSC as long as the 416’s are submitted to the referring ACCES-VR District Office in a timely manner.
Some important provisions of the automated payment methodology are:
- Providers will get a check monthly for all intensive services provided, reported and entered by ACCES-VR prior to the monthly deadlines:
- Vendors will receive a remittance indicating consumer name, consumer amount paid and authorization number;
- Vendors who are on electronic payment will receive a remittance via email indicating which authorizations are included in the payment along with the notice of deposit;
- Services which are not submitted and entered by the deadline will be picked up in the following period’s reimbursement;
- Vendors will continue to receive the Cumulative Utilization Detail Report electronically of all authorizations for the contract year; however it will be on a later time schedule as noted above; and,
- Vendors can also go the OSC website to obtain a remittance advice.
Payment dates should be approximately the 22nd of the month following the District Office entering data. For example: services for January are reported by vendors no later than February 22nd and entered by ACCES-VR local office by March 8th. Payment would be due to be made by OSC as of March 22nd (30 days after reports are due to ACCES-VR).
In order to maximize the efficiencies of this new payment methodology, we are strongly advising all providers to register for electronic payments. To do so, please visit the OSC website .
Quarterly Payment Extended Services:
Three monthly reports for ACCES-VR Extended Services and OMRDD Transfer Extended Services need to be submitted along with one Standard Voucher each quarter. The monthly reports are Microsoft Excel worksheets that calculate the payments for these services based on the monthly units provided. These should be printed and signed by appropriate personnel and attached to the Standard Vouchers. Spreadsheets and instructions are located online.
All Standard Vouchers and Extended Service Reports must have original signatures. Please send Standard Vouchers and Extended/OMRDD Monthly Reports to:
ACCES Contracts and Grants Unit
99 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12234
In addition, a copy of the printed and signed monthly report must be sent to each referring District Office listed on the form.
Vendors must comply with all ACCES-VR Supported Employment reporting requirements as contained in the Provider Guidelines for Supported Employment including monthly progress reports, service plans, VR-416’s, NYISER reporting and other reporting as ACCES-VR may require.
- Technical Assistance for Payment Issues: If technical assistance
is needed for payment issues, please call one of the ACCES
Contract Specialists. The ACCES Contract Unit phone number
is (518) 486-4706.
- Bill Raymer (Primary Contact)
- Angelia Ryan (Secondary Contact)
- Forms: Copies of all forms are enclosed with these guidelines. Blank copies for downloading may be obtained at the following website:
Please Note: Some documents on this page are saved in the Portable Document Format (PDF). If it's not already on your computer, you'll need to download the latest free version of Adobe Reader.