Vocational Rehabilitation Program Information Collection: RFP #19-013
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services - Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) is seeking proposals for the management of a process to collect vocational rehabilitation participant and provider opinion about services and service needs.
The successful bidder will manage all technical and procedural aspects of conducting:
- an annual paper (with an online option) 10,000 participant satisfaction survey;
- an annual paper (with an online option) 500 provider survey;
- an annual paper (with an online option) 3,000 youth participant survey;
- a quarterly telephone interview survey with approximately 100 participants
- an annual telephone interview survey with approximately 100 providers; and
- a quarterly telephone interview survey with approximately 100 youth participants who exit the vocational rehabilitation process prior to Individualized Plan for Employment (IPE) development.
The successful bidder will be responsible to manage all activities and technology for arranging and implementing each component of the process defined. The bidder will be responsible for collecting all the responses, analyzing results and developing reports. All written surveys must be distributed in both English and Spanish. All persons that conduct telephone surveys must be able to speak both English and Spanish. Telephone survey will be provided to participants with various disabilities, including the deaf and hard-of-hearing.
The eligible applicants include institutions of higher education, individuals and professional organizations and for-profit and not-for-profit organizations.
The contract resulting from this RFP will be for a five (5) year period anticipated to begin on May 1, 2020 and end on April 30, 2025.
Subcontracting will be limited to thirty (30) percent of the total contract budget. Subcontracting is defined as non-employee direct personal services and related incidental expenses, including travel.
Bidders are required to comply with NYSED’s Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (M/WBE) participation goals for this RFP through one of three methods. Compliance methods are discussed in detail in the Minority/Women-Owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE) Participation Goals section of the RFP.
Questions & Answers:
Questions regarding this Request for Proposals must be submitted by e-mail to: VRsurvey@nysed.gov no later than the close of business October 15, 2019. Questions regarding this request should be identified as Program, Fiscal, or MWBE. A Questions and Answers Summary will be posted to: ACCES procurement page no later than October 29, 2019.
Submission Due Date:
The following documents must be received at NYSED no later than November 19, 2019 by 3:00 PM:
- Submission Documents labeled Submission Documents – RFP# 19-013 Do Not Open
- Technical Proposal labeled Technical Proposal - RFP# 19-013 Do Not Open
- Cost Proposal labeled Cost Proposal – RFP# 19-013 Do Not Open
- M/WBE Documents labeled M/WBE Documents—RFP# 19-013 Do Not Open
- CD or USB flash drive containing the technical, cost, submission and M/WBE proposals submitted using Microsoft Office. Place in a separate envelope labeled CD/USB flash drive-RFP# 19-013 Do Not Open.