Licensed Private Career School Teacher Applicants
Please note that Private Career School Teacher Licenses are ONLY VALID at private career schools licensed by the Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision (BPSS). These teacher licenses cannot be used by individuals to conduct or advertise for training outside of a licensed private career school setting nor are they meant to endorse or legitimize the teaching abilities of the teacher other than to indicate that he/she qualifies to teach the subject listed at a BPSS-licensed private career school.
Read all of the material to determine whether you qualify for a permit or license and to determine the appropriate instructional area(s) for which you should apply. A permit or license may be issued for one area depending upon applicant qualifications. This office will only evaluate an applicant for the area requested on the application. However, an applicant should not apply for licensure in areas for which (s)he does not qualify since the evaluation process may be prolonged while the Bureau awaits additional transcripts or documentation of experience. An evaluation cannot be made without an application and non-refundable fee. Once the evaluation is performed, the fee is earned regardless of whether a teaching credential is issued. Appeals of evaluations must be made in writing within thirty (30) days following the issuance of the evaluation.
Resources and Guidelines:
- Initial LPCS Teacher Requirements and Qualifications
- Levels of Certificates and Renewal Requirements
- Teacher Training Courses offered by Approved Professional School Associations
- LPCS Teacher Additional Information
- LPCS Teacher Online Application instructions
- Verification of Work Experience for Personnel Licensure
- License status or inquiries are to be sent to BPSSteachers@nysed.gov