Request For Qualifications (RFQ) #23-007
Title: Psychologist Services
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services-Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) is seeking qualified psychologists to provide comprehensive, neuropsychological and adaptive behavior scale evaluations of ACCES-VR customers served by the fifteen (15) District Offices in New York State. ACCES-VR assists individuals with disabilities to achieve and maintain employment and to support independent living through training, education, rehabilitation, and career development. Psychological evaluations are used by ACCES-VR vocational rehabilitation counselors (VRCs) to help determine eligibility for VR services; and to prepare the customer’s Individualized Plan for Employment (IPE) after considering the individuals interests, strengths, concerns, abilities, capabilities, and barriers. Psychologists will apply the assessment approach that is most psychometrically sound, fair, comprehensive, and appropriate for customers with disabilities.
In order to qualify for this RFQ, a psychologist (individuals or those working in a practice) must meet the following minimum qualifications by application deadline.
- Licensed as a psychologist in the State of New York.
- Pass the Examination for Professional Practice in Psychology (EPPP) with a converted score of at least 75 as determined by the State Board for Psychology. New York State will only require EPPP (Part 1 – Knowledge) as a basis for licensure.
- Please refer to the NYSED Office of Professions web page, for additional information and if licensed in another state.
- Have a doctoral degree in psychology that was granted on the basis of the completion of a doctoral program in psychology registered by the Department as licensure qualifying, or a doctoral program accredited by the American Psychological Association as a program in health service psychology or determined by the Department to be the substantial equivalent.
- Satisfy the Child Abuse Identification Reporting requirement.
- Two years of full-time supervised experience (defined as 1750 clock hours per year) or the part-time equivalent, consistent with the scope of practice in psychology with at least one-year of experience serving individuals with disabilities. (A one-year internship can count toward the two-year requirement as a licensed psychologist):
- Agree to accept the reimbursement rates established by ACCES-VR.
- Must meet with customers at a location that is accessible to all individuals with disabilities.
- ACCES-VR Policy 1282.00 Neuropsychological Evaluations Policy, established the following standards when using professionals to conduct neuropsychological assessments for ACCES-VR customers: One year of supervised professional post-doctoral experience in the administration and interpretation of neuropsychological evaluations.
Questions and Answers
Questions regarding this RFQ must be submitted by email to RFQ23firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the close of business September 7, 2023. Questions regarding this request should be identified as either Program or Fiscal. A Questions and Answers Summary will be posted to the ACCES Procurement website no later than September 21, 2023. The following are the designated contacts for this procurement:
Bidders are requested to submit their bids electronically. The following documents should be submitted by email as detailed in the Submission section of the RFQ, and must be received at NYSED no later than October 5, 2023 by 3:00 PM Eastern Time:
- Submission Documents labeled [name of bidder] Submission Documents RFQ #23-007
The email address for all the documentation is email@example.com.