The GED® Test is the new High School Equivalency (HSE) Exam in New York State. The TASC Test™ was discontinued on December 31, 2021. Scores from passing TASC subtests (2014-2021) and passing GED subject tests (2002-2013) can be used toward meeting the requirements for an HSE diploma. GED had previously served as the NYS HSE exam from the 1940’s through 2013.
Test Centers: Please view these power point presentations:
Changes in the Process for Submitting for Reimbursement (Changes in Process for Reimbursement PDF version) (only for test centers receiving reimbursement for administering HSE exams)
- Test centers should move forward right away and follow the instructions for Becoming a CBT Test Center. Test centers, and educators, should also view key GED Testing Service (GEDTS) training webinars and important information.
- GED Manager is the online management system for GED testing. The NYSED HSE Office has provided GED Testing Service (GEDTS) with a primary contact person, and their email address, for each NYSED approved test center and every AEPP funded preparation program.
- Alternative High School Equivalency Preparation (AHSEP) Programs will all be provided with access to GED Manager.
- Test centers will be provided with access to GED Manager when they’re approved to offer CBT through Pearson VUE (the CBT partner of GEDTS).
- Incarcerated settings will be provided with access to GED Manager when they complete PBT requirements.
- All AEPP funded preparation programs will be provided with access to GED Manager. The preparation program will be notified if a candidate for testing creates a GED account and indicates that they would like to be contacted by a preparation program.
- Still have questions? If - after viewing the HSE Office and GED materials - test centers or adult education preparation programs still have questions about testing, an electronic form will be posted tomorrow seeking any questions. The electronic form will include the option to register for the Q and A session, which will also be recorded and posted. The email address for test centers is HSETC@NYSED.GOV.
Thank you for your continued patience as we move forward with the transition from the TASC to the GED.