Implementation of TASC™
The following presentations provide support on implementation of the Test Assessing Secondary Completion™ (TASC), New York State’s high school equivalency exam. The presentations can be viewed independently or sequentially. With each video presentation, a text version is provided with the speaker notes beneath each slide. Please note: there is no sound on any of the text versions.
- “The New High School Equivalency (HSE) Exam in New York State”provides an overview of the changes in the exam as well as an overview of the TASC test.
- “Common Core State Standards and the High School Equivalency Exam Shifts, Standards, and Rigor” discusses the Standards which the TASC test is designed to measure as well as the related shifts in teaching and learning.
- “The High School Equivalency Exam in New York State English Language Arts and Social Studies for the Test Assessing Secondary Completion” reviews three of the TASC test subtests: Reading, Writing, and Social Studies.
- “The High School Equivalency (HSE) Exam in New York State Mathematics for the Test Assessing Secondary Completion” covers the content of the Mathematics Subtest and details the Math Reference Sheet.
- “The High School Equivalency (HSE) Exam in New York State Science for the Test Assessing Secondary Completion” covers the content of the Science Subtest and provides details regarding the Next Generation Science Standards.
CTB McGraw-Hill presents "TASC Testing Online: It's Easier Than You Think," a self-guided online presentation that introduces the basic computer skills necessary to take the TASC computer based test. Topics discussed in this presentation include skills using the mouse, standard navigation skills, keyboarding skills, and word-processing skills. These skills are described in an automated, audio-enhanced format, complete with colorful imagery and animations that help depict what is required to successfully navigate the TASC test online. Viewers may pause, advance or review portions of the presentation at their leisure. Helpful web-links that embellish these topics are provided throughout.