Protect Yourself From Testing Fraud
If you are considering taking the TASC™ test, please be aware of the following:
- The TASC™ test must be taken in person and may NEVER be taken at a location other than an official TASC™ Testing Center™. Click here for a list of approved official TASC™ Testing Centers in New York State.
Please note that there is no fee to take the TASC™ test in New York State.
- The New York State Education Department is the only organization that may issue New York State High School Equivalency (HSE) diplomas. Although some HSE preparation programs may issue “diplomas/certificates” of program completion, these documents ARE NOT genuine high school equivalency credentials.
- There are many legitimate fee-based online and classroom HSE preparation programs. Before enrolling and spending money for these courses, take advantage of the many free State Education Department-approved programs. Click on the following link to see the locations of free HSE preparation programs in New York State.
- Click here to obtain information on other free of charge HSE preparation options. (Link under construction)
- If you feel you may be a victim of HSE test or credential fraud, we encourage you to file a consumer complaint with the Office of Attorney General for New York State here.