Revised 441.00 Vehicle Modification Policy and Procedures - POL-14-01
ACCES-VR has revised the 441.00 Vehicle Modification Policy and Procedures to more effectively guide counselors as they provide vehicle modifications. Vehicle modifications may be provided for an eligible individual who owns or has the use of an appropriate vehicle. The individual must require these services to drive or to ride as a passenger to meet his or her employment outcome. The provision of vehicle modification should preclude the need for special transportation.
Highlights of the revised policy and procedures include:
- A broader definition of vehicle modifications
- Elimination of Automotive Equipment coverage option
- Limitation on Vehicle Modification Service
- Insurance Coverage mandated
- The roles and responsibilities of the VRC in obtaining a vehicle modification
- An additional Vehicle Modification Fact Sheet (VR-441) that outlines the roles and responsibilities of the individual in obtaining a vehicle modification.
Training on the revised policy and procedures is scheduled for the District Offices during winter in early 2014.
The changes to the policy and procedures are based on a review of the federal regulations and the recommendations of the policy development work team.
INQUIRIES: Any questions concerning this memorandum should be addressed to the Policy and Partnership Unit at 518-473-1626.
EFFECTIVE DATE: January 13, 2014
Date Issued: January 10, 2014