New Entities Seeking Approval from NYSED to become an NEDP Agency
Organizations interested in becoming a NYS NEDP agency must be:
- Incorporated as a not-for-profit organization with an adult student educational purpose (with a board of directors and bylaws) or a public sector, i.e., governmental, agency such as a school district or BOCES, providing educational services as part of their mission.
- Operate in a region of the state where there is a need for NEDP in the local vicinity.
- Financially solvent with adequate fiscal resources to operate NEDP.
- Equipped with sufficient technology and dependable internet access to support implementation of an online educational program, including virtual advising and remote communication.
- Adequately staffed with personnel available to be trained to effectively administer NEDP. Agency staffing must include a minimum of two Advisor/Assessors (A/A) and two Portfolio Reviewers. The role of an A/A is combined into one position, serving as both an advisor, and an assessor of online work. After A/As are certified and have become proficient in this role, they may serve also as a Portfolio Reviewer for clients served by other A/As.
Entities interested in learning more NEDP and what’s required to become a new agency provider may request a virtual one-hour informational session. Sessions are conducted jointly by NYSED and the Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment System (CASAS). NYSED contracts with CASAS for the implementation and administration of NEDP.
After completing the informational session, agencies interested in being considered as an NEDP provider agency must complete and submit the following two forms to NYSED:
New agency approval for NEDP implementation is limited to four new agencies each fiscal year, which is July 1 to June 30. Priority will be given to agencies best equipped to deliver the program to an extensive clientele or serving a geographic region of the state that is underserved. If no spaces are available for new agencies in the current fiscal year, agencies will be waitlisted and prioritized in the next fiscal year.
Please send an email to email@example.com if you have questions about becoming a new agency provider of NEDP or would like to schedule an informational session. Thank you for your interest.