The SRC is comprised of five committees. The executive committee oversees the activities and work of the full council. All committees bring forth recommendations to full council, upon which full council votes.
- Provide leadership.
- Facilitate the work of the Council by assigning issues to appropriate standing committees.
- Develop strong linkages with the business community to enhance employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
- Ensure that Council work is done in collaboration with other entities.
- Develop and provide informational materials about the council.
- Educate legislators, business community and other stakeholders regarding:
- vocational rehabilitation funding;
- vocational rehabilitation legislation; and
- vocational rehabilitation integrated employment opportunities.
- Facilitate the recruitment and retention of SRC members
- Manage orientation and mentoring of new SRC members
- Prepare actual nominations of new SRC members to the Board of Regents
Quality Assurance and Improvement Committee
- Review, analyze and advise ACCES-VR, regarding the extent, scope, and effectiveness of vocational rehabilitation services.
- Every three years, conduct a statewide needs assessment of individuals with disabilities living in New York State.
- Assess consumer satisfaction for eligible ACCES-VR consumers.
- Identify concerns related to youth with disabilities in the transition years of their life (age 14 to 24).
- Share and recommend to ACCES-VR identified data driven successful practices that lead to the best possible outcomes for youth with disabilities and what services that would be relevant to ACCES-VR to use when working with Transition Age youth.
- Review and support ACCES VR Transition and Youth Services statewide team (TAYS).
- Review TAYS yearly Youth Action plans (YAP) as well as their analysis of data collected for YAPS.
- Review any changes to goals, strategies and targeted outcomes and evaluation methods for Youth Acton Plans.
- Provide committee recommendations to TAYS TEAM as well as ACCES-VR regarding Youth with Disabilities.
Workforce Development Committee
- Working in collaboration with the State Workforce Investment Board, advise and provide recommendations to ACCES-VR regarding equal employment outcomes in New York State.
- Review, analyze and advise ACCES-VR regarding the extent, scope and effectiveness of ACCES-VR's employment and marketing services.
- Develop partnerships with employers, providing information and resources as needed.
- Review, analyze and advise ACCES-VR regarding the extent, scope, and effectiveness of transition and school to work issues.
- With ACCES-VR, jointly review and approve Impartial Hearing Officers.
Policy, Procedures and State Plan Committee
- Assist in the preparation of the State Plan.
- Review, analyze and advise ACCES-VR regarding, goals, policies, and priorities.
- Review and provide advice regarding legislation.
- Identify economic and other barriers that prevent ACCES-VR from serving larger numbers of people with disabilities.
- Prepare for the next reauthorization of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Advise and provide recommendations to ACCES-VR on postsecondary issues
State Rehabilitation Council
The Council provides advice and support to The State Education Department’s Office of Adult Career and Continuing Education Services-Vocational Rehabilitation (ACCES-VR) on behalf of people with disabilities and their families regarding the delivery of effective rehabilitation services that leads to employment for New Yorker's with disabilities.
The following meetings will be held at the Hilton Garden Inn Troy, 235 Hoosick Street, Troy, NY 12180:
March 7-8, 2018
June 20-21, 2018
September 12-13, 2018
December 5-6, 2018
For confirmation of meeting dates or any additional information, contact (518) 402-3955.