Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC)
RFP#23-004a Questions and Answers are Posted
The questions (and corresponding answers) received in response to the Request for Proposals (RFP) 23-004a have been posted on the ACCES Procurement website.
Request For Proposal (RFP) #23-004a
The Request For Proposal (RFP) #23-004a for “Funding for Public High School Equivalency (HSE) Test Administration” has been posted.
Only HSE test centers located in the 9 Test Service Areas (TSA) for which there were no eligible submissions in response to RFP 23-004 are eligible to apply to this RFP.
This is explained in the RFP and a chart is provided on page 6, which can also be found below:
Upstate Test Service Area (TSA)
Downstate Test Service Areas (TSA)
Annual Required Virtual Training for All NYSED HSE Test Center Coordinators and Examiners
Required HSE Office Virtual Training for All Test Center Coordinators and Examiners.
Training will be held via WebEx on February 8, 2023, 10 am – 12 pm.
Click for Details and Registration Form
GED Manager Training for Adult Education Preparation Program Staff
A training presentation is available for Adult Education Preparation Program Staff on Use of GED Manager and Candidate Age Eligibility (Power Point Presentation | PDF)
Digital Submission of Test Center Materials to the HSE Office Now Required
Please read important information regarding digital submission of required documents to the NYSED HSE Office.
Virtual Training for New and Continuing Test Center Coordinators and Examiners
NYSED HSE Office Virtual Training for New and Continuing Test Center Coordinators and Examiners; Adult Education Preparation Program Managers also welcome.
Training will be held via WebEx on September 13, 2022, 10 am – 12 pm.
Click for Details and registration form
The HSE Status Verification Report Has Been Upgraded
The HSE Status Verification Report has been significantly upgraded. This site now offers GED candidates additional helpful information about their HSE testing records, including which subject tests are still required to be passed to obtain an HSE diploma.
The link to the Status Verification Report can be found immediately above the pictures on the HSE homepage: “To check the status of an HSE diploma, please visit the HSE Status verification page.
GED Test Takers When Scheduling an Exam
New information for GED test takers when scheduling an exam.
HSE Exam Testing Accommodations - Q and A
GED Testing Accommodations
Recorded presentation on GED Accommodations for Testing. Training delivered virtually on March 1, 2022.
Q and A from HSE Approved Test Centers
Questions submitted via the chat, with answers, from required training for new and continuing coordinators and examiners in NYSED HSE approved test centers.
Training on GED Testing Accommodations
The NYSED HSE Office and GED Testing Services will provide a virtual training on GED Accommodations for testing on Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 11 AM – 12 PM. Register to receive the link for the training.
Annual Virtual Training for New and Continuing Coordinators and Examiners for NYSED Approved Test Centers
The annual required online NYSED Approved Test Center Training for New and Continuing Coordinators and Examiners will be held on Tuesday, February 15, 2022, from 10:00-11:30 AM.
Change to GED Testing For Test Center and Preparation Program Staff
Recorded Q and A for NYS GED Testing Implementation. (Power Point Version of Q and A) (PDF Version of Q and A)
Conducting the live virtual information session were Ruth Singer, Jesse Fosmire and Courtney Garrett (HSE Office) and Scott Salesses and Chris Blaisdell (GEDTS).
Questionnaire for “Q and A Session” on Change to GED Testing: For Test Center and Preparation Program Staff
Please visit the link to questionnaire for HSE Exam Q and A session.
The GED® Test is the new High School Equivalency Exam in NYS
The GED® Test is the new High School Equivalency (HSE) Exam in New York State. The TASC Test™ was discontinued on December 31, 2021. Scores from passing TASC subtests (2014-2021) and passing GED subject tests (2002-2013) can be used toward meeting the requirements for an HSE diploma. GED had previously served as the NYS HSE exam from the 1940’s through 2013.
Test Takers: For information about the GED and how to register and set up a GED account, go to GED homepage. Please send questions to HSE@NYSED.GOV.
Test Centers: Please view these power point presentations:
Becoming a Computer Based Test Center (Becoming a CBT Center PDF version)
Becoming a Paper Based Test Center (Becoming a PBT Center PDF version)
Registration and Scheduling of Test Takers, Including Applying for Accommodations (Registration and Scheduling of Test Takers PDF version)
Changes in the Process for Submitting for Reimbursement (Changes in Process for Reimbursement PDF version) (only for test centers receiving reimbursement for administering HSE exams)
- Test centers should move forward right away and follow the instructions for Becoming a CBT Test Center. Test centers, and educators, should also view key GED Testing Service (GEDTS) training webinars and important information.
- GED Manager is the online management system for GED testing. The NYSED HSE Office has provided GED Testing Service (GEDTS) with a primary contact person, and their email address, for each NYSED approved test center and every AEPP funded preparation program.
- Alternative High School Equivalency Preparation (AHSEP) Programs will all be provided with access to GED Manager.
- Test centers will be provided with access to GED Manager when they’re approved to offer CBT through Pearson VUE (the CBT partner of GEDTS).
- Incarcerated settings will be provided with access to GED Manager when they complete PBT requirements.
- All AEPP funded preparation programs will be provided with access to GED Manager. The preparation program will be notified if a candidate for testing creates a GED account and indicates that they would like to be contacted by a preparation program.
- Still have questions? If - after viewing the HSE Office and GED materials - test centers or adult education preparation programs still have questions about testing, an electronic form will be posted tomorrow seeking any questions. The electronic form will include the option to register for the Q and A session, which will also be recorded and posted. The email address for test centers is HSETC@NYSED.GOV.
Thank you for your continued patience as we move forward with the transition from the TASC to the GED.
The Official Launch of the GED as the NYS High School Equivalency Exam
Deputy Commissioner Ceylane Meyers-Ruff announces the launch of the GED as the NYS High School Equivalency Exam.
Final Notice to Test Centers from DRC
Dear Test Center Administrators,
As you know, the TASC Test is no longer offered in the state of New York as of December 31, 2021. In order to close the current TASC Test administration, here are some key dates to review:
- 01/14/2022 – last date to ship answer documents back to DRC
- 01/28/2022 – last date for DRC to score answer documents
- 01/31/2022 – last date for NYSED to receive scores from DRC
- 01/31/2022 – last date to view TASC Test scores in registration (scores will continue to be available in the NYSED database)
- 01/31/2022 – last date for centers to return their testing materials to IPAK using UPS labels
To facilitate the transition to a new vendor, we request that you return any TASC Test unused materials in your possession as soon as your last test is administered. The deadline for all TASC Test unused material returns is January 31, 2022.
Data Recognition Corporation emailed each test center a total of 50 UPS Return Labels for returning unused materials. Please note that these UPS Return Labels will be provided via email only.
If you have not received your UPS Return Labels, please send an email to TASCTestHelpDesk@datarecognitioncorp.com. Make sure to include your name, email address, number of labels needed, and your testing site code.
Please consolidate your TASC Test materials into the fewest number of boxes needed. Print and securely tape the provided UPS return label(s) to each box with packing tape. To arrange for a UPS pickup, call 1-866-857-1501. Retain the UPS tracking number for your files.
TASC Test Help Desk