The Data Recognition Corporation (DRC) - which is the corporation that the New York State Education Department (NYSED) contracts with to develop and score the Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC™) - has announced that the TASC™ subtest forms PQR, and Readiness Assessment 8/9, will be launched in January 2020.
This notice is to provide you with some preliminary information and important dates about the transition from TASC™ Test MNO to TASC™ Test PQR. DRC will be sending out additional information to Test Centers in the coming weeks but wanted to make you aware of the form changes now.
Important Transition Dates:
- January 17, 2020: LAST day TASC™ Test MNO will be scheduled for administration.
- January 15-17, 2020: Paper-based versions of TASC™ Test PQR English delivered.
- January 21, 2020: TASC™ Test PQR and Readiness 8/9 English available.
- February 12-14, 2020: Paper-based versions of TASC™ Test PQR Spanish delivered.
- February 15-17 No TASC™ testing should be scheduled.
- February 18, 2020: TASC™ Test PQR and Readiness 8/9 Spanish available.
Please take note: Spanish testing will not be available between January 18-February 17, 2020.
Test Coordinator Kits will be delivered to Test Centers between January 8-10, 2020. The kits will contain administrative materials to be used in conjunction with TASC™ Test PQR as well as copies of the Test Administration Manual.
The DRC Online Registration and Scheduling System will automatically handle the correct assignment of test forms. TASC™ Test MNO can be scheduled for test dates up to and including January 17; TASC™ Test PQR will be scheduled for test dates beginning January 21st or February 18th, depending on whether testing in English or Spanish.
After the delivery of TASC™ Test PQR, Test Centers will need to inventory the print-based testing materials received against the TASC™ Test Security Checklist that will be included in the shipment. Please use the same boxes to return your old TASC™ Test MNO materials to DRC for secure destruction by February 21, 2020.
For more information on the TASC™ Test and the TASC™ 8/9 Readiness Assessment, please visit TASC wesbsite.